ARAnyM Demo CD app contents questionary

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at
Sat Apr 5 21:40:44 CEST 2003

I have just got the ARAnyM Demo CD working and now I am wondering what
cool MiNT/GEM applications I should put there to show the true power of
ARAnyM. I thought a decent video player should be there (we got nothing
but Aniplayer - is it free for including on a CD like this one?). Also
probably MP3 player, perhaps some benchmarking (which ones? Certainly
not GEMBench) and demo programs (GEM Demo?) Maybe also some games (Doom?
Quake? Duke Nukem 3D? Patrice, are you going to port that? :-).

What else should be there? Do we have some CPU hungry applications that
would run happily on ARAnyM AFROS? Or some apps that enjoy large and
fast gfx? I don't want to put there GCC and 'time make freemint'. I
think that the application developers already realized the strengths of
ARAnyM in this respect so I'd focus this ARAnyM Demo CD for regular
TOS/GEM users...

BTW, this CD could also 'promote' other free software in development.
Say I'd put there HighWire as the HTML viewer?

Any suggestions? BTW, please keep in mind that all software I'll put on
the CD must be free..

Aranym-user mailing list
Aranym-user at