Aranym-user digest, Vol 1 #195 - 8 msgs

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at
Sun Apr 6 13:58:20 CEST 2003

On Ne, 2003-04-06 at 12:53, Gabriel Huertas wrote:

> Why not some utils like DBman and its compiler? It´s free now and powerfull,
> a full XBase programming enviroment.

I said I'd focus this CD to normal TOS/MiNT/GEM users, not programmers.

> Also some programming language, like
> STOS, (it´s also free) would be interesting: it´s the only package dedicated
> for multimedia programming with Atari (can I suppose the STOS Falcon
> extensions would work with Aranym taking advantages of the new screen

is STOS (f)VDI friendly? I doubt that.

> For demonstrating the speed of  Aranym, also some fractal image generator

Do we have some? I want to include some widely used applications so
people can say "wow, this action takes 5 minutes on my Falcon while here
it is an instant response".

> It also would be very impressive if there are some network games availables.

I am not sure if networking will work on the Demo CD. This is still an
open question. My main goal is to demonstrate the JIT and to show all
Windows users that it might be worth to install a real OS on their
machines ;-) Once they install linux they can configure host networking
and then ARAnyM networking will work (hopefully).

Aranym-user mailing list
Aranym-user at