ARAnyM Demo CD app contents questionary

olivier landemarre olivier.landemarre at
Mon Apr 7 08:49:49 CEST 2003

A 20:54 06/04/2003 +0200, Petr Stehlik a écrit :
>On Ne, 2003-04-06 at 20:07, Hector Facundo Arena wrote:
> > Well, I think some good multimedia applicattions would be very good.
> > People likes colors and sounds :) MP3 PLayer, video player, Image
> > viewer, a text editor, a browser,
>Well, I wanted actual names of programs with their download locations,
>not "a viewer, a player". I am not familiar with latest app development
>for GEM so I needed your experience. What's the best image viewer today?
>Is it still GEM View? And what is GSXB compatible MP3 player?

For image viewer, my very very simple GEM viewer is free and base on
Nconvert from Pierre Gougelet.
It's able to read near 150 file picture format only! But there is no resize
or work on picture only look it.
It's already on AranymVM CD iso I have made in december. You can find it at
To work in cd you need only to have a TMP directory on writable disk (for
AranymVM I have use the ramdisk)

For Bench test you can use Kronos too even I have not realease a final
version (no time actually for this)

For programmers editor for me best editor is EZ_Edit from Roland Sevin. For
me impossible to use an other editor for C!
but it's usefull to edit HTML, assembly and so on...

> > Yes! We want HightWire! :)
> > BTW: I want that ISO now!! :)
>It's too rough right now, running beta of ARAnyM. I think I'll release
>the CD after the 0.8.0 release of ARAnyM.
>BTW, the Teradesk is not bad but a desktop without a picture looks
>boring in 16-bit color. Could somebody add the JPG/PNG background
>picture functionality there within a few days, please? Also removing
>files by pressing the "Del" key would be useful for former Thing users..

Aranym-user mailing list
Aranym-user at