Routing with ARAnyM

M.A. Kehr m.kehr at
Tue Apr 8 14:16:05 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I have some problems with routing on ARAnyM, that's what I have until now:

This is the routing table of the Linux( machine, I'm going over a router ( to the internet:

Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface     *        U     0      0        0 eth0     *        U     0      0        0 tap0
default         UG    0      0        0 eth0

ARAnym local IP is and host IP is

This is the routing table of ARAnyM:

Destination         Gateway             Flags   Ref      Use Metric Iface
default            UGD       1       98      0 eth0         *                   UH        1       57      0 lo0           *                   U         1        0      0 lo0           *                   UH        1       94      0 lo0

I can ping from ARAnyM to local IP(, host IP( and Linux IP( and I can ping from Linux to local IP and host IP of ARAnyM, that's all, I can't reach the router from ARAnyM. Internet connection with Linux works fine.
IP-FORWARDING is enabled.

So where have I forgotten something?

Aranym-user mailing list
Aranym-user at