Aranym CVS

Standa Opichal opichals at
Thu Apr 10 11:37:59 CEST 2003

On 10 Apr 2003, Mark Duckworth wrote:

> A couple issues, one the aranym ethernet probs I had of a long time ago
> seem to have been solved in my testing abscence.  I compiled cvs aranym
> of earlier today and my hostfs became broken.  So I redid config and
> recompiled hostfs using cross compiler.

I didn't try to use the hostfs with JIT for a long time here. I'm working
on the 0.8.0 polishing where the hostfs should work wo problems.

> Under MiNT it just kind of doesn't work.  Was
> curious as maybe I am doing something wrong?  I am using something like
> *DOS, hostfs.dos, I:I in my config.sys and using metados rather than
> betados.

MetaDOS will not work. You won't be able to execute any application due to
the Pexec bug fixed in the BetaDOS 3.12 (not released so far IIRC).
Moreover MetaDOS will not work with FreeMiNT 1.16.

> Now aranymfs on the other hand used to have perfectly working /nativefs
> for me (which I loved), but now it seems to be broken.  So I recompiled
> aranymfs from source to get similar probs.  Before switching into
> /nativefs would give you contents of the directory you were in before.
> After recompile nativefs appears on ls, but not ls -l and if you try to
> switch to it, it says no such file or dir.

Yes, aranymfs will not work any more. Do not try to use it. We should
disable it completely or maybe delete totaly as it is obsolete.

Aranym-user mailing list
Aranym-user at