[MiNT] New filesystems under plain TOS

Standa Opichal opichals at seznam.cz
Mon Apr 14 08:36:00 CEST 2003

Hi there!

On Sun, 13 Apr 2003, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a way (really or theoretically), with the help
> of extra drivers, to have access to my ext2 and vfat partitions with long
> filenames when running single TOS instead of FreeMiNT on my Falcon. If I
> have understood correctly this is possible with Aranym and Betados (?).

Well, yes, basically it is possible. The VFAT should not be a problem as
there are many sources for this and it is really independent extension (I
mean that no other code is needed.. it is simple). As for minix or ext2 I
would be skeptic because it uses quite large MiNT kernel functionality
regarding the block io and caches. BTW: I see no reason to support
something else than MiNT nowadays, so I won't be the one working on this.
It is a bit nonsense IMHO when we have complete, working, TOS compatible,
open-source solution....

Aranym-user mailing list
Aranym-user at nightmare.sh.cvut.cz