MD_ERASE / S_OR_D in vrx_cpyfm

Johan Klockars johan at
Tue Apr 22 15:38:01 CEST 2003

> > What do you get instead of the black box?
> A white box, but i.E. MagicPC, STEmulator, Falcon are producing a
> black box.

It looks like my primary VDI reference was wrong on this issue then.

> > And no, I have not tested this with the original VDI, but can't
> > recally seeing (or hearing about) any problem before. Of course,
> > reverse transparent mode is not likely to be used much.
> But useful for masking out Images (especial transparent GIF-Images)

Well, since you have to go through the entire image anyway, it would
be just as easy to create a positive mask rather than a negative one
(or the other way around, depending on how you define those terms ;-),

Since this bug hasn't been detected before, I guess everyone else
is using transparent mode for this rather than reverse transparent.

> In my opinion, this may be changed, because it's not compatible with
> the above.

Yes, the fVDI drivers should definitely behave in the same way as the
original VDI here.

Anyway, I've checked in a fix for this now.
Unfortunately, I'm not able to test it, but at least it builds OK and
I'm pretty sure I didn't get it wrong (it was only a matter of changing
a couple of 'fgColor' to 'bgColor').

                        | Why are these |  e-mail:   johan at
                        |  .signatures  |
                        | so hard to do |  WWW:
                        |     well?     |            (fVDI, MGIFv5, QLem)
Aranym-user mailing list
Aranym-user at