[Aranym-user] Some question as a 68k Programmer

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Mon Jan 19 08:18:21 CET 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 23:33, Björn Henning wrote:
> - Is there any way to find out, that Aranym is running . e.g.
> Cookieentrys or an example assembler routine to get this informations

Check out the value of _MCH. The major number (the higher 16-bit word)
indicates the machine: 0=ST, 2=TT, 3=Falcon, 4=Milan, 5=ARAnyM.

> - Tools like Winimage cannot create Harddisk images, is there any
> other way to create one using Windows Enviroment?

Next version of ARAnyM will include creating disk images in the SETUP
menu (available after pressing the Pause key, later also configurable).

It's part of the AFROS - please read http://aranym.sf.net/afros.html

>   is not able to create one under TOS.... I think we as users would be
> very happy (VERY) if you could create a running preset
>   e.g. Zipped or something ... that would be able to work.

You must have missed something.

> It is strictly impossible to get it running, and dont tell me that i
> should read the FAQs... i did so..

Is something wrong with the AFROS in this respect?

> In fact I search for your Help and don't wanna tell you what you have
> to do, but it would be very very nice and helpfull if you
> could give us some more informations

Please browse through the http://aranym.atari.org/ again and then let me
know what information you're missing.