[Aranym-user] Re: [Aranym-dev] two questions

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Mon Jan 19 09:55:57 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 09:20, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> > Nobody is probably surprised that NVRAM works perfectly on my setup.
> Yes, I am. And if I could give you a suggestion, please perhaps try fresh
> Aranym setup on a machine where there is NO Cygwin (like 99,9999% Windows

Note that I said I was running Debian Woody, so NO Cygwin installed for

> Just download, unpack and run. Then we can discuss it further, OK?

I don't say there is no problem on Windows. You mistunderstood. I asked
somebody with Windows to help.

> 1) why there are no reasonable defaults, if the file is missing?

It's not a problem of defaults. I removed my NVRAM file to test it.

> 2) why the paths change on every Aranym release (the nvram file is actually
> found in My Documents/.aranym)?

It hasn't changed for a while, IIRC.

> 3) why I now have to manually create/find the file, which one of previous
> Aranym releases had automatically created?

There was not any intentional change in this area so it must be a bug.