[Aranym-user] afros

Henk Robbers h.robbers at chello.nl
Mon Jan 26 13:49:27 CET 2004

On Monday 26 January 2004 10:19, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 01:31, Henk Robbers wrote:
> > Here are some newbie questions.
> >
> > Are the liveCD image and 'afros' actually the same?
> In case it wasn't clear: the Live CD contains Debian Linux distribution
> (bootable directly from the CD) plus ARAnyM plus AFROS. That's why you
> don't need the Live CD if you already have a Linux distribution
> installed on your HDD - ARAnyM plus AFROS (plus all your favorite
> applications) are enough.

Ok, thats clear.

The problem (for a newbie) is that it is unclear what to download
from the download area. Once you've got in there every reference to
'afros' is gone.

I also couldnt find a concise and clear description of how to install

I think I am not the only person who isnt particularly interested
in Unix as such. I have Linux/KDE because I didnt want to buy
Windows XP but nevertheless wanted to benefit the use of modern
computer hardware.

Well, I installed the aranym.rpm by using Yast2, which seems to put
everything in sensible places.

If now I knew how to start the whole thing from the KDE desktop.

Is there a script somewhere that just starts aranm.

BTW, the stuff works in so far that if I start the aranym executable
from usr/share
the minimalistic emutos ST-high desktop appears in a window.
But it is unusable because no devices are active.

Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers.    mailto:h.robbers at chello.nl
Interactive disassembler:     TT-Digger;  http://digger.atari.org
A Home Cooked teXt editor:    AHCX