[Aranym-user] Re: Newbie question

Meino Christian Cramer Meino.Cramer at gmx.de
Mon Jan 26 19:39:16 CET 2004

From: Petr Stehlik <pstehlik at sophics.cz>
Subject: Re: [Aranym-user] Re: Newbie question
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:23:49 +0100

Hi Petr !

> On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 17:05, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
> >  a newbie status when it comes to Aranym....;)
> no problem as long as you are trying to use the existing, not ideal but
> still partially sufficient documentation.

  Yes, of course I am reading it...but sometimes things are not that
  obvious to a beginner.

> > > yes, you can. Simply double click them in the desktop.
> >   So far so nice....but how do I get a AtariST1024 program "on the
> >   desktop" when I have it somewhere on my Linux harddisk? I have
> >   access to my Linux harddisk...
> Note that AFROS is not the disk image you should live with. It's very
> small. I believe you would want to have a much larger disk image. Or do
> you want to start the applications from the linux harddisk? Using the
> hostfs - that's another option.
> Look into the afros config file - you'll see how H: is mapped to /tmp/
> of host fs. Map another drive letter (say I:) to any other path of your
> linux host (say /mnt/old-st-disk) and then open up I: in terradesk.

  I am allowed to change the path...hrmmm...this is again not clearly
  written...what I meant:

  If H: is set to /tmp for example and the program, I want to start is
  on /home/files, am I "allowed" (is it working), when I open H:,
  change the directory to the wanted one (/home/files) and start the
  program from there ?
> >   I meant the setclock.prg.
> Part of the Clocky suite?

  Yepp ! :)

> >   Is there a way to get a logfile of all that messages, which were
> >   scrolled over there the screen while boot EmuTOS/Aranym?
> Yes. Set this in your aranym config file:
> [TOS]
> RedirConsole = Yes

  Oh, yeah...yes...!
  That is an improvement for me...now I will see wether something is not
  setup allright!

  Thank you, Petr...

> Petr

  PS: Can you gove a hint, where I can find a ATARIST1024 programm
  (of whatever kind -- may be a simple "Hello World" app), which is
  known toi run with/on aranym. This way I have no longer to doubt,
  whether it is my installation/configuration or whether it is the
  program itsself, which cause the problems I currently have...