[Aranym-user] [AUDIO] Audio not working ?

Francois LE COAT lecoat at lutece.net
Wed Oct 13 23:00:58 CEST 2004

Hi Patrice,

Patrice Mandin wrote :
> I would like to know if anyone has the same problem I encounter:
>
> I don't have audio output anymore using Zmagxsnd.prg. When I try for
> example Aniplayer (2.22) or any Atari SDL programs, the only message
> outputted by src/natfeat/audio.cpp is 'Audio:Version'.
>
> It has been a long time since I used audio under ARAnyM, so I don't know
> which version caused the problem. And it appears that nothing has changed
> much in this area.

Well, nothing has changed because it works ...

Just try : http://eureka.atari.org/xa-my-aes.zip

It contains freeMiNT 1.16.1beta, Teradesk 3.40, MyAeS and XaAES.
You can try Aniplayer 2.22 ... I tried it with a MP3 file, and
it works nice. Zmagxsnd is installed and works quite well. The
level of the sound can be controlled with "sound.cpx" and also
the balance etc ...

It has been tested with MacARAnyM and WinARAnyM.
You have a badly configured installation, that's all ...

Regards,

-- François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org