[Aranym-user] [AUDIO] Audio not working ?

Francois LE COAT lecoat at lutece.net
Thu Oct 14 00:49:52 CEST 2004

Hi Martin, Patrice,

Same question for both of you : which version of ARAnyM are you using ?
What is installed on your boot disk image ?

Don't you want to try http://eureka.atari.org/xa-my-aes.zip
It is such hard work for me to maintain a working uptodate configuration
that you should try it. That would be kind of you, and respectful for
my efforts. ARAnyM can't be developed without thinking about a
reliable disk configuration. And a reliable disk can't be made just
picking up parts on the WEB ... I am in relation with the authors
of the contents of the disk image ... For instance, care about the
fact that some versions of Zmagxsnd are diffused that are not correct.
It is as simple for me as to run Égale and comparing with a working
version. There's also CPXs that are controlling it, that are coming
from a real ATARI Falcon configuration. And a CPX that has been made
to control the sound output etc ... So far as your configuration is
not tested on different platforms, you can't make a general case
of your peculiar case ... And what is the interest to report about a
non working configuration, just for the reason that your installed
binaries are not working versions ? Would I complain that Windows 3.1
is not working on Virtual PC on my Mac ? Don't you think it is
ridiculous ?

Just take the working version ... Any software author would tell you
that about his soft ...

Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> I also have problems with Aranym on my Linux laptop:
> I can play an MP3 file only once. Each next attempt fails, until I
> reboot and try again. I'll try again and will try to give more details
> like error messages etc.

Regards,

-- François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org

PS : Patrice, if your SDL programs are not working, don't complain
about ARAnyM, but rather debug your softwares. Aniplayer is working.
My Eureka software is working ... Anyway your SDL ports are not
working on my Hades 60 ... I wish I had more time to help you more.
But I can't help anyone on earth ! Keep working ... And don't modify
ARAnyM just for SDL ... Remind that Zmagxsnd has been written on a
real ATARI hardware, and that you're only using cross-compilation
tools ... Things are not so simple as you would think they are ...
And don't try to make things more complicated that they already are.