[Aranym-user] [AUDIO] Audio not working ?

Francois LE COAT lecoat at lutece.net
Sat Oct 16 09:28:01 CEST 2004

Hi Martin,

Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
> Francois LE COAT wrote:
>
>> Well, nothing has changed because it works ...
>>
>> Just try : http://eureka.atari.org/xa-my-aes.zip
>>
>> It contains freeMiNT 1.16.1beta, Teradesk 3.40, MyAeS and XaAES.
>> You can try Aniplayer 2.22 ... I tried it with a MP3 file, and
>> it works nice. Zmagxsnd is installed and works quite well. The
>> level of the sound can be controlled with "sound.cpx" and also
>> the balance etc ...
>
> I will take a look at that xa-my-aes.zip when I have the time. I have
> seen you mentioning "MyAes" several times on this list. What's MyAes ?

Here is an extract from ATARI Users Network announce :

New version of MyAeS is available

This new version:
- Can work in memory protection on (still very alpha stage!)
- Fix reentrance trouble coming with PCTOSLIB
- Fix some redraw object trouble
- Speed up the AES reactivity
- New windframe
- Fix some some new software error, to be able to run under MyAeS

MyAeS Homepage : http://myaes.free.fr

MyAeS is able to run as classical AES (Mint, SingleTOS*, Emutos*) or
above anyother AES directly launching from your desktop even above
Magic, MagicMac, NAES etc.(* no accessory support because it not include
cooperative multitask at this time)

Briefly, MyAeS is another AES replacement. It is written mainly with
the support of the French community ... It includes a windframe
designed by Éric Reboux (http://ers.free.fr). For the moment, it is
more advanced in its developments than XaAES. It is mainly the work
of Olivier Landemarre, that we know here for his first port of ARAnyM
under Cygwin ...

MyAeS is smart and attractive ... I love it ! Thanks Olivier :-)

> Well, I guess I will get the answer when I download xa-my-aes.zip

xa-my-aes is a kind of updated AFROS disk distribution, that contains
both XaAES and MyAeS. That's why it is called xa-my-aes ...

> And to react on your other posting: When I say things like "It is not
> working on my system" I'm not generalizing anything or offending anyone.
> I'm just reporting it's not working on my system. I know you need more
> details to be able to say anything useful about it. No need to get angry.

Well you know that you're not the first person that tell me that I
talk aggressive ... But that's not the case ... Of course I'm
passionate, but I also want to tell things how they are really ...
I have no resentment for anybody. Nobody is my enemy ... Be sure !

Best regards,

-- François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org