[Aranym-user] JIT problems

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Sat Oct 16 19:36:42 CEST 2004

V So, 16. 10. 2004 v 18:56, Francois LE COAT píše:
> > That's misleading statement. The programs are simply broken and JIT only
> > shows what you'd see on real 68040 or 68060.
>
> That's not true, because these two programs are working without
> JIT

Well, ARAnyM without JIT is like MC680x0 CPU without caches. So this
doesn't prove anything.

> and *also work on my Hades 60*

Hades might have the OS patched, just like Douglas did for
AfterBurner040. Re-read your own post - you mention Olivier and CT60.

> You may have misunderstood ... I'm not speaking about CPU caches
> in this case, because that works ! I'm speaking about large JIT

That's basically the same thing.

> This seems to be a problem with its handling, with for instance
> GemViem modules, and Positive Image ...

the above mentioned programs are broken. Period. Ask in EmuTOS and
FreeMiNT for Pexec cache-flush patch, it could help in this case. And
I'll figure out whether the Douglas Pexec patch made its way into the
TOS patches in ARAnyM or not.

Petr