[Aranym-user] fVDI CVS ...

Francois LE COAT lecoat at lutece.net
Fri Oct 22 21:47:00 CEST 2004

Hi Petr,

Petr Stehlik wrote:
> well we have been forcing Johan to convert the fVDI source to GCC suite
> for years and when we finally succeeded you try to compile it with
> PureC? Kinda weird, isn't it? :)

Well, "forced" is not the word. You know that Johan wanted to do this,
because he wants to be able to cross-compile fVDI ... He has done it
also because he wanted to do it for a long time ;)

> Well, maybe I am wrong, Johan is king and managed to keep the fVDI
> compilable by any C compiler around (including PureC). But I myself
> would not do it.

Well, you know that it is not the first time that I compile fVDI ...
I have my practices with Pure C ... And it has been the only way for
me since then ... Also, the problem with GCC suite is that Johan used
sed, which is not my cup of tea ... I rather like GCC, but when you
need sed, bison, lex, yacc or other swiss knives to build a program,
it becomes rather annoying for me ... On a well configured system it
would be rather transparent, but on my ATARI machines, it becomes
a nightmare ! I must install those tools, and it is boring :(

I could cross-compile, like most of other peoples, but I don't like
it ... Really ... Will ATARI platform will really become "virtual" ?

Best regards,

-- François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org