[Aranym-user] fVDI CVS ...

Francois LE COAT lecoat at lutece.net
Sat Oct 23 09:42:03 CEST 2004

Hi Johan,

Johan Klockars wrote:
>>Error H:\PURE_C\FVDI\ENGINE\TEXTRNDR.S 487: Expression must be constant
>>Error H:\PURE_C\FVDI\ENGINE\TEXTRNDR.S 487: Undefined symbol 'gas'
>
> I did just make it possible to assemble those files with gas, you know. ;-)

Ho yes, but you're not so far from the goal :-)

>>Can you help me ?
>
> Add a -D=gas=0 in fvdi_pc.prj. See the equivalent thing for lattice there.

That's right. gas=0 in the macros field of Pure C assembler allows
to compile FVDI.PRG entirely ... Thanks for the advice !

>>>"save_regs" macro is undefined ... It seems that it is
>>>not declared anywhere ...
>
> You should have had the same problem with any file that includes
> macros.inc as you did with textrndr.s (which defines a macro itself).
> That is, the 'gas' symbol has not been defined in the project (it's
> brand new, and I haven't tried building with Lattice C or PureC since
> I made things gcc compatible).

The only add of gas=0 is enough ... Nothing peculiarly strange except
that ...

> I suppose I should use some other method to figure out what assembler
> is being used. I'm sure there must be some predefined things to check
> for using some #ifdef equivalent.

That's working nice !

Many thanks Johan.

Best regards,

-- François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org