[Aranym-user] fVDI CVS ...

Martin Döring mdoering at mucl.de
Sun Oct 24 18:04:10 CEST 2004

Johan Klockars wrote:

>You obviously don't need to know anything about 'sed' to compile fVDI.
>But isn't it nice with programs that can make sense of paramers like:
>s%\\([ \t]\+\\)end\\(\\([ \t]\+\\)\|$\\)%\1.end%"
>;-)

Johan, there is something wrong with your keyboard it seems...  <:-)

>>need sed, bison, lex, yacc or other swiss knives to build a program,
>>

>You only need bison and yacc to build fVDI if you modify the structure
>definition include files (you then need to use 'structer' to regenerate
>the corresponding assembly .inc files).

So fVDI for gcc is made by code generation or changes from the original
source? One time for ever, or will you like to keep the possibility to
compile it with purec?

>sed is a really small and simple thing.

It is the first step to hell.   ;-)

>Perhaps I should include pre-converted assembly, lex and bison files
>in the cvs archive?

If you do so, we one still would need to make changes in the source, right?

Why still use purec? I mean, why really still use it? It has no future,
if not Henk comes up with his new ANSI-C compiler the next time I think.
It may be a comfortable IDE. But when would you say it is really
outdated? Why don't we use K&R C? Because, we want to follow newer
compiler technology and make use of it's advantages.

--
Martin