[Aranym-user] fVDI CVS ...

Olivier Landemarre olivier.landemarre at utbm.fr
Mon Oct 25 18:24:22 CEST 2004

> Why still use purec? I mean, why really still use it? It has no
> future, if not Henk comes up with his new ANSI-C compiler the next
> time I think. It may be a comfortable IDE. But when would you say it
> is really outdated? Why don't we use K&R C? Because, we want to follow
> newer compiler technology and make use of it's advantages.
>
> -

I use gcc under Atari for 10 years and for the first time I should
choose an other compiler for this work, and use PureC, because actually
standard libc in mintlib have trouble with reentrance, and PureC looks
for what I need near correct if not use the pctoslib. Now why not use
PureC? Use the shell for PureC of Roland Sevin, it come one of the most
powerfull env for C I know on Atari, with color syntax, error find and
much more, PureC work on all systems even if sometime it have some
problems, and if I think it is very bad for error checking.  Do we need
now a cross compiler on Windows to compil our softwares?  Does last
versions of gcc can work under an other system than Mint? Developpers
are not only on Mint, and still I prefer MagicMac on OS8 than Aranym,
because it never crash for what I do, but I work on Aranym for one day I
use as my old MagicMac with powerfull in more.

Olivier