[Aranym-user] ARAnyM 0.9.4beta2 bug / OSX PPC

Francois LE COAT lecoat at atari.org
Sat Dec 2 11:49:18 CET 2006

Hi Petr, Philipp,

Petr Stehlik wrote :
> http://aranym.org/download.html offers binaries for Windows and Mac OS X
> (universal binary). Debian binary is in sid already. I'll add SUSE,
> Ubuntu and maybe other binary packages (if anybody sends me such) soon.

The FPU core that has been chosen for the MacOSX version is wrong. The
Universal Binary version that has been built works, except for the FPU.
I suspect that the FPU core that has been chosen is the IEEE one.

That mean that if you run <http://eureka.atari.org/eurkafpu.zip> the
spinning hypercube that appears at the starting demo "morphes badly"
since it completely disappear in the upper left corner of the screen.

I'm sorry, but the IEEE FPU core is not suitable for PPC machines,
and the UAE core is present in the ARAnyM's sources for this reason,
and must be used.

Petr, would you accept that I submit a PPC version of MacAranym ?
Philipp, why haven't you used UAE core for the build ?

-- François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph describer, 3D Modeller)