[Aranym-user] [UTD] MacAranym -- ATARI / OSX
Martin_Elsaesser at ll.maus.de
Fri Dec 1 23:58:00 CET 2006
Hallo Francois LE,
>This version of Kronos1.71b is much better.
Now I downloaded this version and used it.
>It'll be done for you.
>Please be patient.
O.K., it was only a question ;-)))
>That's an UB version that you're using, thanks to Philipp Donze.
Yes, it's a UB version. Otherwise I have no advantage in speed over
>May I suggest you to use ARAnyM in fullscreen mode.
I made the changes you suggested.
>Then rerun Kronos1.71b, and you'll see the real speed of the VDI.
Yeah! Now things are looking very nice. Here are the values of Kronos 1.71b:
MagiCMacX 1.2 ARAnyM/AFROS ARAnym/AFROS
Fullscreen Window FullsScreen
CPU 16.8 % 26.8 % 27.1 %
FPU 18.0 % 1357.3 % 1363.8 %
Memory, Video 165.4 % 155.6 % 171.7 %
VDI 99.9 % 3.8 % 123.7 %
Disk 1822.6 % 1610.1 % 1753.1 %
OpenGL 21.4 % 360.6 % 363.3 %
Now I write this Mail with CAT running on ARAnyM.
It's a realy very good system! But some things I'm missing from MagiCMacX -
nothing dramatically, but the things I'm using on MagiCMac(X) since several
- In MagiCMac(X) I can click on the menu bar in the MagiC-Menu - there I
can submit a
full redraw of the whole screen.
- The missing delete key on the Mac keyboard is emulated with Apple-D.
- The End-key (Fn + Cursor-Right) is working on MagiCMac, but not on
- The fonts - special the truetype fonts are not present. Can I use them
- I can swith from MagiCMacX back to MacOS X with the Key Apple-W, so I see
MacOS-X-Menu of MagiCMacX. With Apple-R I switch back to MagiCMac.
- With Apple-Tab I swith to a parallel running program on MacOS X. In
ARAnyM I get a Tab
i.e. here in CAT.
- The colors are a little bit strange. I use jinnee from the
MagiCMacX-Setup. I think,
on MagiCMacX with NVDI 5 I used the new NVDI-palette. Now on ARAnyM I
palette and the Icons are funcy.
- On MagiCMacX I can use the keys F11 and F12. On MacARAnyM the seem to
function, so I can't use them any more.
And now I have to setup the ARAnyM-System with all things I use with
Martin [PGP-Key available]
Für Mails >16 kByte: martin at melsaesser.de
More information about the cz-bobek-lists-aranym-user