[Aranym-user] Video Graph OpenGL Render

Francois LE COAT lecoat at atari.org
Mon Dec 25 08:42:53 CET 2006

Then I tried it hosted by Linux (Mandriva 2007.0).

Francois LE COAT wrote :
> Maybe Patrice could answer that ?
> I'm trying to have hardware OpenGL rendering with the video card,
> with <http://eureka.atari.org/MacAranym.zip> mini pack and Eureka.

I then use <http://eureka.atari.org/xa-my-aes.zip> with a version
of ARAnyM built with "--enable-opengl --enable-nfvdi".

> I put following natfeat OSMesa freeMiNT driver in C:/MINT folder
> <http://cvs.aranym.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/afros/nfosmesa.xdd.bz2?rev=1.4>
> and enable OpenGL render with OpenGL Yes / VDI opengl in "config".

In the "config" I set :

Enabled = Yes
Filtered = No

ChannelSize = 32
libGL = /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2
libOSMesa = /usr/local/lib/libOSMesa32.so.6.5.2

CDROM = sdl
Vdi = opengl

> Is that enough ? It's been so long since we didn't talk about it.
> It may accelerate the OpenGL rendering a lot, shouldn't it ?

That definitely accelerates :)

> It may be documented in the wiki, but I'm not sure according to
> the MacOSX version, that specially need good speedup for usage.

Hosted by Linux, all seems to work correctly ... But the GEM
colormap is wrong. The color palette seem to be shuffled.

For example, the OpenGL apple that is drawn by Kronos1.71c is
drawn blue instead of red color.

Is there anything to do ?

Best regards,

-- François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)