[Aranym-user] No eth0 under FreeMiNT

Jean-François Lemaire jflemaire at skynet.be
Sun Feb 5 14:42:26 CET 2006

On Sunday 5 February 2006 14:03, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> BTW, this is how it looks when MiNT loads the driver:

> _MiNT-Net_TCP/IP_1.6_PL_1,__
> ˝ 1993-96 by Kay Roemer.
> ˝ 1997-99 by Torsten Lang.
> ˝ Sep 20 2005 by Frank Naumann.

Same here.

> ARAnyM Eth driver v0.6b ( eth0 eth1 )

Ah-ah! I think we've nailed the culprit. Here's what I get:

	ARAnyM Eth driver v0.5 not installed: 5 != 4

I'll look for v0.6b and retry.

The problem is that ARAnyM boots so fast I've never actually _seen_
these messages. I had to use Ctrl+S to stop the boot process. Is there
some equivalent to dmesg or /var/log/boot.msg under FreeMiNT? I suppose
slowing ARAnyM down is not an option :-)

Thanks Peter.

--
Jean-François Lemaire