[Aranym-user] Speed up natfeat possible?

olivier.landemarre at utbm.fr Olivier.Landemarre at utbm.fr
Fri Feb 17 22:26:11 CET 2006

Hello all

When I compare MagicMac (on OS classic) with an old Powermac (300Mhz) with a
recent PC (Athlon xp 2000+) and I use GCC to compil on hostfs, really on
MagicMac is really faster than with Aranym (perhaps 2 or 3 times!), this is
quite surprizing, because of course Aranym is faster for most softwares than on
MagicMac, in my case. I'm sure this is slow, because GCC call a lot access to
disk, like to read or write char by char or something like this, so is it a
problem of HostFS or the natfeat that is so slow?
Notice fVDI have the same problem, with truetype font load (ex Cab starting),
and Johan write me he try to do a cache in it (this is a very good solution it
will speed up fvdi on all configs).

regards

Olivier