slow gcc (was: RE: [Aranym-user] Speed up natfeat possible?)

Standa Opichal opichals at seznam.cz
Sat Feb 18 16:17:25 CET 2006

Hi!

Good, now you can move this problem to MiNT list if someone will
explain what is wrong. MiNT is generally slower than MagiC no matter
what. You would probably need some numbers to compare. It would be
great to get MagiC setup running in ARAnyM for this (it doesn't boot
for me)...

Oh.. you are running JIT! If you are not under EmuTOS then test with
that one. Because only there you avoid hitting crazy performance
penalty accessing IDE (this looked to me actually slower than running
completely without JIT).

Regards

Standa