slow gcc (was: RE: [Aranym-user] Speed up natfeat possible?)

olivier.landemarre at utbm.fr Olivier.Landemarre at utbm.fr
Sun Feb 19 10:09:28 CET 2006

Hello

> Hi!
>
> I see now. Olivier it is important to tell the whole story before
> you state that 'gcc' is slow somehow. According to what I see you
> are actually trying to compare MagiC AES vs. XaAES (or MyAES)....
>
> I am glad that you found some of the reasons and I believe you
> can find further to improve the performance of your gccshell.
> I would however expect someone who has programming experience
> to first look into the issue before complaining. Do not take it
> as an insult please, this is just my mindset speaking.

No problem, it's just sometime difficult to find good reasons of problems and
because there is some software with wich there look trouble, near the same even
if it is not. For example if I write on it, it was because on Aranym Windows
there is (or was not test last fvdi version), CAB with 3 vectorial font take 5
minutes to launch, and it's so slow to draw (P4 2Ghz), while it take 15 seconds
on my Linux, now with new version it take something like 2 seconds, but I can't
explain why on Windows it's was so slow (perhaps Johan have an explanation). I
compare what I can compare, I use software sometime with bug, sometime not very
well write, sometime test only on this or this system, whole systeme, is in dev,
find good reasons is not easy. Notice someone said me that when it compile on
Hostfs it's very slow, while when it compile on ext2 it's fast and it use Make.
I have not verify it, and I will soon verify this. There is so many work.

1 month I try to do work correctly Papyrus on MyAeS, this take all my time, and
finaly I can't find the problem, no other software have this problems, and I
have not source code to find what they do, no help from developpers of this
software.

Regards
Olivier