fVDI TTF rendering (was: RE: [Aranym-user] X Server and fVDI)

Johan Klockars johan at klockars.net
Wed Feb 22 00:39:08 CET 2006

>Now in CVS so that you can try it out! :)

And for those of you who don't like to build your own copy of fVDI, the
latest version on my web site now includes these updates. I thought
this, together with the other recent update, was reason enough to bump
the version number, so fVDI is now at v0.967beta1.

>You need a fresh aranym and fvdi CVS builds. I didn't test any other then
>32bit graphics mode so far. Also it is only implemented in nfvdi_soft.cpp
>so it would not work with opengl VDI setup.

Works fine and looks as beautiful in real life as on that picture. :-)

Also far faster than I would have expected it to be, with software
native side graphics rather than OpenGL (but text drawing is about the
best case for the software drawing) and without any native side
optimizations besides the "alpha-expand".

I was not, however, able to start PapyrusX with the latest ARAnyM and
antialiasing support. It kept claiming to have a stack overflow just
before it would normally have drawn the document window. :-(
I have not had the time to look into why that might happen.
Other software, such as QED and HighWire were fine.

--
| Why are these | johan at klockars.net
|  .signatures  |