fVDI TTF rendering (was: RE: [Aranym-user] X Server and fVDI)

Standa Opichal opichals at seznam.cz
Wed Feb 22 23:07:22 CET 2006

Hi!

> It's strange that it would behave differently for you and me (anyone
> else?), but I suppose the number of fonts in the system could
> theoretically make a difference, for example (I had a whole
> bunch in the configuration I used when testing this).

I have seen some problems with the 'filecache' here. I can
be the source of your problems.

> Do you really believe there's any software besides Papyrus that does
> this? It would surprise me.

I haven't seen any SW to do its own internal cache management. It is
one of the premature optimization decisions IMHO.

> Anyway, I don't think we can allow v_getbitmap_info() to ever return
> anything besides plain old single plane data.

Exactly.

Regards

STanda

my fvdi.sys config:

booted
#standalone
#oldmouse
#nopidalloc

filecache 1024
antialias

debugout -1
#debug debug debug
silent 33 31

# This is the path to fonts and drivers.
PATH = C:\GEMSYS
FONTS = I:\freettfs

cookie calamus
lineafix