[Aranym-user] Networking and bootstrapping

Francois LE COAT lecoat at lutece.net
Sun Feb 26 22:18:05 CET 2006

Hi Petr,

Petr Stehlik wrote :
> Francois LE COAT pí¹e :
>> If you have a better solution to suggest to me about
>> "bridging", than please explain to me.
>>
>> I told from the beginning that I had a DHCP LAN
>> configuration, but Jean-François didn't took it
>> into account. He kept telling me about a static
>> ARAnyM's IP configuration.
>
> We thought that you had decided to go for point-to-point for a reason.
> In http://wiki.aranym.org/manual#networking the bridging is the
> suggested solution for LAN.
>
> The aranym/tools/arabridge script works for me.

I don't understand anything to networking. Sorry this doc is
useless for me. I have a "aratapif" binary, and I don't know
about "arabridge".

You must tell me steps by steps. I'm really nut at network !

DHCP LAN configuration is so simple, because there's nothing
to know about all these stuff ... That's all automatically
configured.

Best regards,

-- François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)
http://eureka.atari.org