[Aranym-user] Problem with Colormap

Francois LE COAT lecoat at atari.org
Thu Nov 22 13:37:13 CET 2007

Hi Patrice,

Thanks for your reply.

Patrice Mandin wrote :
> Francois LE COAT wrote :
>
>> I remarked the following problem. If you launch `aranym.sh` that
>> is a GNU / Linux shell script with
>>
>> 	<http://eureka.atari.org/MacAranym.zip>
>>
>> there's a problem with the 16 first GEM colors of the palette. One
>> will see that icons have a bad colormap.
>> [snip]
>
> Do you use FVDI?

Yes fVDI is used in the ARAnyM configuration I'm maintaining.

> Is GEM palette corrupted also without FVDI?

No. I tested with <http://gem.lutece.net/download/afros-falcon.zip>
transposed with a Linux binary, that is a TOS4.04 configuration, with
the 0.9.5beta Linux binary, without problem about the GEM colormap.

It's easy to test colors with <http://eureka.atari.org/mpeg2dec.zip>

> I know I removed a tos<->gem palette mapping in hostscreen class when
> doing some cleanup, so maybe the FVDI driver need it.

I think you're right. That's at the origin of the mismapping.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

--
François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)