[Aranym-user] Icon/logo?

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Sun Nov 25 20:08:41 CET 2007

Jean-François Lemaire píše v Ne 25. 11. 2007 v 19:30 +0100:
> > I have just talked with Patrice about this, he'll add some delay and
> > perhaps some cool effects
>
> Am I reading this right? Adding delay to display a logo? Isn't that
> going too far just for some eye candy?

How often do you start ARAnyM that waiting 1 second longer would hurt
you? ARAnyM should be started when you boot your host computer and then
run all day long :-) BTW, you can always disable the eye candy simply by
deleting the logo file, right?

> > (my suggestion is for fading out the logo
> > while TOS is already booting :-)
>
> This is probably a better idea, even though the EmuTOS boot screen
> displays some useful information

I realize that. I believe in the end it won't be annoying.

> > > Apart from that, the new config GUI is much much much better than
> > > the previous one.
> >
> > You mean the font size change?
>
> That's the one. The vertical spacing betwen labels could be a bit
> smaller, but at least it is readable and usable now.

I don't think the SDL GUI will ever be expanded to work with pixel-exact
positioning... Some people think that each platform will have their own
SETUP (not SDL based). Other think that the SETUP should be written as a
separate application in a cross platform toolkit. The internal SDL GUI
does not have many advocates, I am afraid, and even less programmers
willing to work on it.

Petr