[Aranym-dev] [Aranym-user] Blitcopy error

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Sat Aug 22 20:05:22 CEST 2009

Zorro píše v So 22. 08. 2009 v 16:45 +0000:
> > To make myself clear: I am grateful that you report problems and I thank
> > you for that.
>
> You should not be grateful, I met some issues and I made a bug report, no more no less.

By posting good bug reports you help improving the software and that's a
good thing. Why shouldn't I be grateful for that? Users that do care are
very important for the success of the project.

> > At the same time I am sort of scared by the situation - if
> > you were right and the binaries didn't work then we have only one
> > Windows and Mac ARAnyM user - and that would be you.

> And you can be sure that if we encountered these problems, others
> users encountered these problems.

And that's what scares me. Remember this thread (re-)started when
Francois (kinda proudly) posted download stats with hundreds of Mac and
Windows downloads. So there are potentially hundreds of disappointed
users that didn't even care to post back a single line in a mail to me
(no need to join a mailing list, my email is everywhere through the
documentation and web pages). It's of course not their fault that they
didn't let me/us know about the problems with ARAnyM but their lack of
activity plus their probable disappointment means that we cannot count
them as ARAnyM users. And that makes me sad. Let's see if it can be
fixed with a new release that will be tested by a few dedicated users
like you or OL before it's posted for download to everybody else.

> > I am not aware of any stupid and/or useless remark. Please mail me about
> > them off list so we can sort it out eventually without bothering other
> > developers.
>
> We wasted time enough. It was just a little misunderstanding.

Thanks

Petr