[Aranym-dev] [Aranym-user] Blitcopy error

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Sun Aug 23 12:01:15 CEST 2009

Patrice Mandin píše v Ne 23. 08. 2009 v 09:56 +0200:
> Maybe the SF.net bugtracker should be made more visible on Aranym
> website. It's easy to lose track of a bug even in a mailing list (like
> these 2 issues show now). We should only care about bugs in the bug
> tracker.

I have never lost track of those bugs - I just didn't know how to fix
them given that both were MS Windows related and I were unable to
reproduce them.

Anyway, I do agree that we could be using the SF.net infrastructure way
more. They've recently improved the GUI so it's now much more user
friendly - previously I myself was getting lost there and I bet I wasn't
alone.

As for making it more visible on ARAnyM website - I used to have a cron
job running on SF.net site that was updating our website with statistics
about bugs, feature requests etc., here:

http://aranym.org/contact.html

Unfortunately they stopped the cronjobs recently and I haven't learnt
any workaround for that yet.

BTW, SF.net allows for many useful hosted web applications that we could
explore and use:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Hosted Apps

I personally like Trac a lot - it's used in MythTV that I follow for
several years already and I love the integration between bug reports,
mailing lists and SVN commits. The developers force everyone to report
bug reports via the Trac only - they ignore any other input. The Trac
then manages everything, nothing gets lost etc. But MythTV is much more
active project than ARAnyM so they really needed some tool for managing
it.

> Petr, could you add me to Aranym developers on SF website?

Done (if you're pmandin there).

> There is also the bug for TRAPcc opened by Guillaume that should be closed.

done. We have no open issues now.

Petr