[Aranym-dev] NFVDI "soft" cursor redraw with 8bpp

Philipp Donzé philippdonze at gmx.ch
Fri Aug 28 18:43:17 CEST 2009

> was there a problem? what kind?

Yes, 24 bit NFVDI resolutions give wrong colors. At least for me on my
MacAranym with PowerPC (=Big endian).
With my "fix" I was able to partly fix it, but only for MagiC, and not
for the Icons.

Am I the only one which has such a problem?

I know, all other bit depths (32bit, 16bit, 8bit) work for me as
expected.

> Is it necessary for 24bit only or does it fix other colors depths in
> big
> endian? Are there any issues with big endian?

Only for  24 bit. (That's why I have added a "if(bpp == 24)" :-)

> Hmm, not sure if MagiC is better than XaAES in this area.

It seems as if they do things differently... even though both run fVDI.

Philipp