[Aranym-dev] Aranym JIT?

Philipp Donzé philippdonze at gmx.ch
Sat Aug 29 22:42:36 CEST 2009

Hi Stefan

> Is there actually anyone out there beside me, who ever used the
> darwin build? ;-)

I don't know. I also have not the feeling that somebody else is using
the Xcode project. Mac user just do not compile stuff they download
themselves.

I just tried your Makefile and it builds nicely.
I remember there are some more or less bigger differences between the
"MacOSX build" and your "darwin build". E.g. the Apple compliant
naming of preferences and their storage in ~/Library/Preferences/,
some keyboard mapping stuff, ...
If the "darwin build" would be distributed "as is", many people would
have to adapt their setup and slightly change the way they were used
to work. (E.g. modifying config in an text editor ;-))
I think a nice documentation would be required to explain how people
should be using Aranym on Mac OS X (e.g. default configuration in ~/
Library/Preferences/, how to use the Aranym Bundle types, how to
configure Aranym, ...).

I would prefer this "hard migration" for Aranym 1.0.0 :-)

Regards
Philipp