[Aranym-dev] Update for sdlgui

David Gálvez dgalvez75 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 20:03:07 CET 2015

> Your solution works for testing, but isn't something that can be easily used
> in distributions. Having to set aranym to suid root isn't a general either,
> of course.

When you say "..easily used in distributions", what do you exactly mean?
I don't know if you mean that my solution using udev won't work with
all Linux distributions, or that it's not easily configurable from the
user point of view.

>> I'm thinking in developers who
>> wants to do drivers for OSes running in real machines
>
> But we are talking about USB NatFeat here, and that is only available on
> emulators ;)

I think we have some misunderstanding :-)

Aranym's USB Native Feature only provides through libusb the features
of a virtual USB host controller to the m68k machine, the lowest part
in the USB stack. From the guest OS (MiNT) you still need real USB
device drivers that will use the USB virtual host controller driver
which is the one that uses the USB NatFeat. So if I develop a USB
trackball device driver for MiNT with Aranym the same driver should
work for a CT60 Falcon, Milan, etc....
This is why I think is useful to be able to claim HID devices from
Aranym, so we can develop and test those device drivers.